Skip to main content

Boredom busters aka 3 crochet patterns I love


Nothing beats boredom than crocheting cute amigurumi while watching TV. I know I'm happier when I'm making something KAWAII (Japanese for cute)!

For those new to crochet, amigurumi are small knitted or crocheted stuffed toys. If you think this word sounds Japanese, you'd be right - it's derived from two Japanese words (Google to find out more 😉).

There are heaps of talented designers out there, with many of them sharing free patterns!

If you're looking for new projects to start (or you're procrastinating from completing unfinished projects), here are a few of my favourite free patterns. I have many more, but if I shared them all in this post, that would be the end of my blog 😂

In no particular order...

Dottie the Duck - by Katie from @yarnsociety

When I first saw this cutie pop up on my feed, I immediately picked up my hook and started crocheting! I added a little bow for extra cute-ness.

Shoutaro the Sleepy Sloth - by Mei from @amigurumei

You can't help but fall in love with this sleepy little sloth - and better yet, you can make him in different colours! I love how he also looks like he's giggling.



Amigurumi elephant - by Anitha from @littleloveeveryday

Adorable little elephants with heart-shaped ears that are quick to crochet. Just one of many cuties designed by Anitha.



I'm sure these makers would love to be tagged on Instagram if you decide to make one of their designs!

Feel free to get in touch, either by leaving a comment below or connecting on Instagram!

Anika x

Comments